Anonymous Home and Work Locations
hOME-WORK Add-On Reports FROM aIRsAGE
Transportation planners are using AirSage cellular data to accurately analyze and model patterns to see where and when people commute to work.
BY ADDING ON A HOME-WORK REPORT TO YOUR TRIP MATRIX OR OTHER DATA YOU CAN . . .
- Have the most up-to-date, accurate home and work locations for social economy data
- See recent commuting patterns locally or across state lines
- Analyze commuter patterns for an average weekday or a specific day of the week
- Understand how weekends, holidays and seasonal variations affect commuter patterns
- Evaluate the results of your travel demand strategies - programs for telecommuting, carpooling...
Home and Work location data can be delivered in a matrix (shown below) or if you only need a Home Location Report, we can provide that too!
This sample Home-Work Matrix below shows county by county, the home and work locations for populations in Atlanta. The table at the top is American Community Survey (ACS) data and the bottom is AirSage. We match very closely, but not exactly. The ACS data represents a much smaller, 3-yr sample making a lot of assumptions. In addition, AirSage has the ability to provide you with visitor worker counts which can skew a traditional survey.
Click image to enlarge
The need for improved transportation and traffic solutions has never been greater, as illustrated with these 2013 U.S. Census Bureau insights into commuter travel times and distances:
- 90+ minutes and 50 miles: the daily “megacommute” of 600,000 full-time U.S.workers
- 60+ minutes: the daily commute of 8.1% of U.S. workers
- 25.5 minutes: The average one-way daily commute for workers across the country (one in four commuters leave their county to work).
This, plus growing concerns over the impact long commutes have on air quality, and it’s easy to see why accurate Home-Work matrix studies have become one of the transportation industry’s most talked about data sets.
AirSage data is anonymous and aggregated – the home and work locations of a device is at the census block group level where generally there are between 600 and 3,000 people. Aggregating and analyzing this data by time, location, origin and destination, AirSage provides unprecedented insights into commuter travel patterns. This data is automatically and continually updated resulting in the most robust Home-Work matrix studies in the nation. And, it’s only available from AirSage.
YOU HAVE TO DELIVER INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS.
Check out our product brochure for more information on how we can help you solve for local and regional planning data, toll roads, facility planning, transit and more...
"The information will be used to develop a travel demand model that will evaluate current and future travel patterns. That in turn will help guide decisions on where future road improvement projects and new highways will be needed.”
—Rhett Fussell, Parsons Brinkerhoff